Patient safety is a key area of concern and focus for medical practices and hospitals across the United States. Nationally, there are primary areas of concern, including Diagnostic Stewardship and Test Result Management using EHRs, as well as Antimicrobial Stewardship in Physician Practices and Aging Services. These are large issues, but certainly not topics you need to tackle on your own.
To assist you with this process, the Curas team offers the following top five tips:
- Update to the latest version — eClinicalWorks V11!
- Appoint a Patient Safety Officer (PSO): 84% of our customers have one.
- Hold brief, daily patient safety meetings with your staff.
- Report any suspected EHR-related patient safety issues promptly.
- Keep your medication databases updated.