It’s the beginning of a new year, which means if you’re a MIPS-eligible clinician, you need to know about the many MIPS updates, and how to wrap up 2018 correctly. Don’t forget, if you have any questions on any of the updates below contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2018 MIPS Reporting
- The 2018 reporting period ended December 31. The new submission window opened January 2, 2019, and will continue until 8 PM EDT April 2, 2019.
- As the reporting period has ended, weekly Promoting Interoperability computations stopped on January 14, 2019, and weekly Quality computations will stop on January 31, 2019. If you need any computations for 2018 reporting periods after these dates, please open a case with Curas Support.
- 2018 MIPS Submission Patch
- A MIPS submission patch will be rolled out for clients who have signed up for eClinicalWorks MIPS Consulting and Reporting Services. Pilots will be rolled out January 31, 2019, and the general rollout will begin February 15, 2019. Clients hosted on the eClinicalWorks cloud do not have to take any action, but locally hosted and client-server practices must install the patch. Once the patch is received, Curas will apply the patch for Curas supported clients. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to email@example.com.
- NPI/TIN Signatures
- CMS requires that qualified registries reporting on behalf of a MIPS EC have a signed BAA and signatures from all providers who have signed up with them to report.
- The information must be submitted to eClinicalWorks by January 25, 2019, to avoid any delay in submitting your data.
- Download the PDF to get started
- 2019 QPP Final Rule
- The 2019 Quality Payment Program Final Rule was released in November 2018. The fact sheet is available here The fact sheet is available here.
- A practice must use 2015 CEHRT to meet the Promoting Interoperability category and to receive the end-to-end bonus points in the Quality performance category. eClinicalWorks V11 is 2015 CEHRT.
- Please ensure that you have working login credentials to qpp.cms.gov/login. This will help you review your 2018 Final Score once you submit your data.
- Review the 2018 criteria used to audit the data submitted in each performance category here. Kindly prepare the necessary supporting documentation in case of a potential audit.
MIPS 2019 Dashboards will be rolled out beginning February 28, 2019. Clients hosted on the eClinicalWorks cloud do not have to take any action, but locally hosted and client-server practices must install the patch. If you have not yet upgraded to V11, you will not receive the MIPS 2019 Dashboards. Please work with your Curas Support or your Curas Account Manager to plan the upgrade. For practices that have been set up, weekly computations for 2019 MIPS Dashboards will begin February 28, 2019.