If you are a MIPS-eligible clinician, it’s important to make sure you are prepared for MIPS 2018 Reporting. You can check the Quality Payment Program (QPP) Participation Status Tool to view your final 2018 eligibility status for MIPS. Statuses are updated based on a second review of Medicare Part B claims and PECOS data from September 1, 2017 through August 31, 2018.
MIPS-eligible clinicians will be scored based on their performance in four categories: Quality, Promoting Interoperability, Improvement Activities, and Cost.
Quality: (View the Quality fact sheet)
- Report on at least six Quality Measures.
- One of the six measures must be an outcome measure.
- Reporting period: Full year.
Promoting Interoperability: (View the Promoting Interoperability fact sheet)
- Submit a “yes” for the security risk analysis measure, and at least a 1 in the numerator for the remaining base score measures.
- Reporting on all base score measures is required in order to receive any score in this category.
- Report on Performance & Bonus Score measures.
- Reporting period: Minimum 90 days.
Improvement Activities: (View the Improvement Activity fact sheet)
- Report on two or more Improvement Activities to earn full category score. Number of activities depends on practice size and weight of the improvement activities.
- Refer to data validation criteria for documentation to keep in case of an audit.
- Reporting Period: Minimum 90 days
In addition to this, also continue monitoring your dashboard regularly to track performance and identify and correct deficiencies before the end of the year.
Extreme and Uncontrollable Circumstances Application Deadline
MIPS-eligible clinicians impacted by extreme and uncontrollable circumstances may request a reweighting of the Quality, Cost, and Improvement Activities performance categories. You must apply by December 31, 2018. You can find an overview, along with additional information in the MIPS Automatic Extreme and Uncontrollable Circumstances Policy fact sheet.
- The Physician Compare 30-day preview period is now open. Preview your 2017 Quality Payment Program performance through the QPP website before it appears on https://www.medicare.gov/physiciancompare/.
- The 2019 Quality Payment Program Final Rule was released in November. For more information, you may Download the fact sheet
- If you have signed up with eClinicalWorks for 2018 MIPS Reporting Services, we will not be able to submit your data to CMS until we have received each provider’s name, email, NPI, TIN, and signature. The deadline is December 20, 2018. Download the PDF to get started.